With fresh ingredients, hot & crispy potato slices, and a creamy dressing, this meal has a unique capacity for simultaneous comfort, lightness, deep nourishment, and easy digestion. Simple enough for everyday fare, it’s also special & fun to serve for a casual get together with friends. See below for a summary of the benefits of potatoes.
6 – 8 medium gold potatoes, scrubbed
Lettuce, any type (4 – 6 cups)
- Guacamole Dressing
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup olives, sliced
- 1 – 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lime
- Sprouts, any kind
- Salsa (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Cucumbers or peppers, diced
1 large or 2 small ripe avocadoes
½ cup water
2 Tbs lemon juice
1 – 2 garlic cloves
1 tsp honey
¼ tsp salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Slice the potatoes into ¼ inch thick slices. Arrange potatoes on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake 10 more minutes until tender and nicely browned. I find when I use the convection feature on my oven there is no need to flip the potatoes.
- While the potatoes are baking, prepare the toppings.
- Scoop the flesh out of the avocadoes and blend with the remaining dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Let people build their own plate starting with lettuce, then roasted sliced potatoes, followed by toppings, then guacamole dressing and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!
- Anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal.
- High concentration of macro and trace minerals.
- Contain tyrosine, a chemical needed to produce thyroid hormones.
- Abundant in L-Lysine which inhibits viruses that contribute to inflammation, autoimmune disorders and chronic illness.
- Stabilize blood sugar, help build glycogen stores protecting us from fatty liver, weight gain and blood sugar problems.
- Soothing to the brain and nervous system
- Assimilate and digest easily, gentle and non-abrasive for the intestinal tract.
- Can help drive out bacteria like strep, E. coli, staph, unproductive funguses, even pinworms from the gut.
- Enjoy them without butter, cream or oil for maximum healing benefits.
- For more information: https://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/healing-potatoes