My 90 year old mother gave me this recipe over the phone the other day. What a beautiful elixir it is at this time of the year, with warmer days, mint in its prime, and our bodies in need of good hydration all-ways. Play with the amounts of ingredients to find the flavor that you and your family enjoy. Once made, enjoy as is or pour over ice cubes.
Blend together for about 1 minute:
- 1 cup loosely packed mint (I use the top three or four sets of leaves)
- 1 lemon or 2 limes (remove rind and cut in 4)
- 2 Tbs raw honey (more or less to taste)
- 1 inch fresh ginger (unpeeled – more or less to taste)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups ice cubes (about 1 tray)
Strain through a fine strainer and serve.
Keeps well in the fridge for several days.