Welcome! We are excited that you are able to join us at ClearBeing. We request that you participate in only those activities that you are physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually able to do, and that you notify an Event Facilitator of any restrictions you have regarding any of the activities.
Please read the following information carefully and let us know if you have any questions before signing and returning it to us.
This Agreement is being made between ClearBeing Event Center, (“ClearBeing” or “us”) and (“Attendee” or “you”). We all legally agree to the following:
1. Consent, Release, Waiver, and Disclaimer.
By enrolling in the Event, you hereby agree to the following:
- You understand that ClearBeing is not responsible for any activities planned for the Event and thus not responsible for any inherent risks involved. You acknowledge that you are choosing to participate voluntarily in Program Activities at the Event and you recognize that these Program Activities may contain certain inherent risks. You represent that you are in good health and you understand that you may decline from participating in any of the Program Activities if you deem it to be in your own best interest. You voluntarily and expressly assume the risks of the Event and all Program Activities.
- You understand that you are responsible for reading all information provided by the ClearBeing before and during the Event, including any and all Agreements, schedules, policies, procedures and notices related to the Retreat Center.
- You agree to observe and obey all posted and announced rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any instructions or directions given or provided by ClearBeing Retreat Center or either of their representatives or agents.
- You understand that the information provided at or in conjunction with the Program Activities and Event is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment that can be provided by your own physician, therapist, licensed dietitian or nutritionist, or any other licensed or registered mental or physical health care professional. You understand that the ClearBeing is not acting in any capacity as a medical or mental health care provider. You understand that the ClearBeing is not providing health care, medical or nutrition therapy services or attempting to diagnose, treat or cure in any manner whatsoever any disease, condition or other physical or mental ailment of the human body during the course of the Event. Rather, the ClearBeing is serving in his/her/their capacity as a ClearBeing, guide, educator, and mentor.
- You understand that you may be provided with food and possibly other products while at the Event and you agree to disclose to the ClearBeing in advance any known or suspected allergies or food sensitivities. You understand the ClearBeing does not and will not have any responsibility or control over food preparation or contamination; therefore, you agree that the ClearBeing is not liable for any act, default or omission of the Retreat Center, Retreat Center staff, or any outside supplier related to the food or products provided at the Event.
- At any time before or during the Event, should you know or feel that you may cause imminent harm to yourself, other participants, the ClearBeing, or any other person, you understand and agree that you are immediately obligated to let the ClearBeing know, and to remove yourself from the situation in a peaceful and cooperative manner; otherwise, you consent that you may be asked to not attend the Event, leave the property, and/or have immediate physical or mental health care administered to avoid causing mental or physical harm to yourself or others. You agree that the ClearBeing reserves the right to decline accepting or retaining you if your physical or mental health or actions in the ClearBeing’s sole judgment might impede the Program Activities or Event or the welfare or enjoyment of the experience by the ClearBeing, her agents, Retreat Center staff, or other attendees.
- You consent to the application of first-aid or other medical or mental health services to be applied if needed in connection with an emergency health problem or potentially harmful situation during the Event, and you agree to hold the ClearBeing harmless as a result of any such injury or damage you may suffer due to the application of medical or mental health services or treatment. You fully understand that first-aid or other medical or mental health services may not be readily available based on circumstances outside of the ClearBeing’s control.
- You acknowledge that you are solely and personally responsible for your choices, actions and results, now and in the future. You accept full responsibility for the consequences of your use or non-use, of any information provided before, during or after the Event, and you agree to use your own judgment and due diligence before implementing any idea, suggestion or recommendation from the Program Activities and Event to your life, family or business. You fully agree that there are no guarantees as to the specific outcome or results that you can expect from using the information you receive on or through the Program Activities and Event, including no guarantees that you will have any other specific result.
- As with all situations, you understand that there are sometimes unknown individual risks and circumstances that can arise during an Event that cannot be foreseen or controlled by the ClearBeing. You understand that attending and/or participating in the Program Activities and Event is to be taken fully at your own risk, recognizing that there is a rare chance that illness, injury or even death could result.
2. Limitation of Liability, Indemnification & Release of Claims.
By attending and/or participating in the Program Activities and Event, you agree to absolve the ClearBeing of any damage, liability or loss that you, or any other person, may incur from use of the information, products or materials that you receive before, during or after the Event and Program Activities. You agree that the ClearBeing will not be liable to you, your family, dependents or heirs, or to any other individual, company or entity, for any type of damages, including direct, indirect, special, incidental, equitable or consequential loss or damages, for your participation in or reliance on the Program Activities or Event, or for your own personal emergencies, legal situations, theft or loss of belongings or luggage, or any food, travel, or use of the Retreat Center premises during or outside of the provided Program Activities or Event, at any time now or in the future, with the exception of gross negligence by the ClearBeing or Retreat Center or otherwise provided by law.
You agree that the ClearBeing does not assume liability for accidents, delays, injuries, harm, loss, damage, death, lost profits, personal or business interruptions, misapplication of information, physical or mental diseases, allergies, sensitivities, conditions or issues, or any other type of loss or damage due to any act, default or omission by the ClearBeing, Retreat Center, or anyone acting as the ClearBeing’s or Retreat Center’s agent, consultant, affiliate, joint venture partner, employee, shareholder, director, staff, team member, or anyone otherwise affiliated with the ClearBeing’s businesses or who is engaged in delivering programs, products, or services during or related to the Program Activities and/or Event.
You agree now that you fully and completely hold harmless, indemnify and release the ClearBeing and any of the ClearBeing’s agents, consultants, affiliates, joint venture partners, employees, shareholders, directors, staff, team members, or anyone otherwise affiliated with the ClearBeing’s businesses from any and all causes of action, allegations, suits, claims, damages, or demands whatsoever, in law or equity, that were to arise in the past, present or future by you, your family or heirs, your business or company, or any other third party or entity for any action, default or omission in any way related to the Program Activities and Event.
In no event will the ClearBeing be liable to you or to any party for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages for any use of, non-use, or reliance on this Event, the Program Activities, or its information, programs and/or services, including, without limitation, personal injuries, accidents, misapplication of information, or any other loss, malady, disease or difficulty, or otherwise, even if you are expressly advised of the possibility of such damages or difficulties, whether caused by the fault of you, the ClearBeing, other attendees, other third parties, a force majeure, or any other act or circumstance outside of the control of the ClearBeing.
3. ClearBeing Policies
You agree to adhere to the policies of ClearBeing and act in a manner that is respectful and considerate of the ClearBeing, all other Event attendees, the Retreat Center staff, other third parties, and the facilities, and you agree to follow all laws, regulations and ordinances. You agree to pay for all damages to others and/or the facilities caused by any negligent, reckless, or willful action that you may take.
- Fragrance – ClearBeing is a fragrance-free environment Exposure to perfumes and other scented products can trigger very serious health reactions in individuals with asthma, allergies, migraines or multiple chemical sensitivities. The health effects of fragrances – ranging in severity from mild to debilitating – can include: headaches, migraines, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, shortness of breath and wheezing. For some people, especially those with asthma and other respiratory disorders, exposure to fragrances can trigger the need for emergency medical treatment. Perfumes and colognes are considered the most concentrated form of fragrance, however fragrances can be found in a wide range of products including soaps, shampoos, deodorants, hairsprays and cosmetics. To protect our community members with chemical sensitivities, we ask for your cooperation in helping to create a ‘scent-free’ environment: Avoid wearing scented personal care products such as perfume, cologne, aftershave, scented lotions or creams for the body, face or hands. Most brands have fragrance-free products available.
- Recreational Drugs – ClearBeing is a recreational drug-free environment. While we recognize the benefits of the use of medicinal plants in ceremonial settings, our expertise lies in providing an environment where people can experience their capacity for deep presence and radiant insights in the midst of ordinary moments. Through our various offerings, we are honored to create space for you to integrate your plant-medicine experiences.
- Alcohol – While we rent out our space for a variety of types of events, ClearBeing is an alcohol free environment.
- Smoking – ClearBeing is a smoke free-environment. If you wish to vape or smoke cigarettes, please enquire about and visit our designated outdoor smoking areas.
- Noise – ClearBeing is a place to experience peace and tranquility. With that in mind, we encourage that if you are participating in a retreat that you be mindful of other participants who may desire a more quiet experience. Guests should not bring any listening devices without earphones. In the case of events that are outdoors, we ask that you keep the sound level to a respectful level to be considerate of neighboring properties.
- Technology – We suggest that you let go of technology during your stay at ClearBeing in order to meet yourself and your moments in fresh ways, and open yourself to the richest experience possible. Some of the meditation and silent retreats will request that you turn off your cell phone for the duration of your stay. In case of emergencies, loved ones will be able to reach you through ClearBeing’s phone line. Phone line: 905-581-9601
- Pets – Although the residents of ClearBeing have dogs and you will likely meet them during your stay, for the comfort of guests, please leave your animals at home.
- Clothing – Many of our activities take place outdoors so be sure to bring clothing suitable for the season and all types of weather. We suggest wearing comfortable layered clothing particularly for retreats where there is movement. When sitting for longer periods as in meditation retreat, it’s also helpful to wear loose fitting or stretchy clothing. For meditation retreats please dress modestly. Midriffs and thighs should be covered.
- Food – ClearBeing has a focus on nutritional wellness. If we are preparing food for guests we serve whole, organic, low-fat, plant-based food, with an emphasis on living foods. All of our dishes are dairy-, egg-, and gluten free and we are flexible to cater to dietary needs within these parameters. For hosts who plan to bring their own food we ask that you do not bring meat, dairy or eggs on the premises.
- Pond – There is no swimming permitted in the pond. The pond is part of the local nature conservancy and not part of ClearBeing land.
- Children – If parents decide to bring their children to the Event, it is their sole responsibility to watch and care for their children and to make sure that they are being watched at all times.
4. Other Important Terms.
Notice: All correspondence or notice required regarding the Event or this Agreement shall be made to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and to you at the e-mail address in the signature block below.
Entire Agreement, Assignment, Survivability and Waiver: This Agreement contains our entire agreement. This Agreement may be modified or amended at any time if the amendment is made in writing and is signed by both of us. You may not assign your rights or obligations under this Agreement to anyone else. The failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of the right to later enforce and compel strict compliance with every part of this Agreement. In the event that any part of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any of the remaining portions of the Agreement which shall be severed and remain in full force.
Governing Law: This Agreement shall be construed according to the laws of the Province of Ontario and all laws and regulations of King City where my business is based.
Dispute Resolution: It is hoped that should we ever have any differences, we could be able to work them out through a phone conversation or e-mail correspondence. However, should a dispute ever arise between us, we agree now that we will submit to binding arbitration before a single arbitrator, selected jointly, in accordance with the American Arbitration Association Rules. Prior to seeking arbitration, you must submit your complaint to me with full details about your dissatisfaction via e-mail to us at my email@example.com below. You understand and agree now that the only remedy that can be awarded to you through arbitration is full refund of your payment made to date. No award of consequential or of any other type of damages may be granted to you. Any judgment on an arbitrator’s award, if made, is binding and may be entered into any court having the appropriate jurisdiction. By signing this Agreement you are agreeing to a modification of the statute of limitations such that any arbitration must be commenced within one (1) year of the date of the act, omission, or other conduct complained of as submitted by you in e-mail, or shall otherwise be forfeited forever. You also agree that should arbitration take place, it will be held in King City in the Province of Ontario where my business is located and the prevailing party shall be entitled to all reasonable attorney’s fees and costs necessary to enforce the Agreement.
Non-Disparagement: In the event of a dispute between us, you agree to not engage in any conduct or communications, public or private, including social media, designed to disparage the Program or us, including the Overnight Event and my business. Where requested by law or arbitration, of course, you are not prohibited from sharing your thoughts and opinions as a part of the legal process.