Forest Therapy Session
What is Forest Therapy?
Forest Therapy at ClearBeing is a therapeutic practice where Brett guides participants to an inner state of relaxation and whole-being restoration through participation in a series of sensory oriented invitations that bring them into deep connection and present moment relationship with nature. It is a gentle, physically undemanding practice that takes place in the forest and meadows of Happy Valley. The practice supports the health of both humans and the more-than-human world through mutually beneficial relationship building and reciprocity.
Research backed physical benefits of Forest Therapy include:
- Boosted immune system function
- Reduced blood pressure
- Increased heart rate variability
- Faster recovery from illness, surgery, trauma
- Mood stabilization
- Nervous system regulation
As a certified Forest Therapy Guide, Brett is skilled at utilizing proven best practices for inviting and guiding participants into a liminal space of deep presence and connection where the therapeutic benefits, deep healing, and transformational energies of Nature truly come alive and become accessible for the benefit of all.
Your truest light shining through a vital body, meeting the fullness of Now with integrity & love, and an inborn recognition of our essential Oneness with all of Life.
Forest Therapy Sessions:
A Forest Bathing session with Brett is:
- 2-3 hrs long
- Made up of a series of invitations following the Global Institute of Forest Therapy (GIFT) standard flow model.
- Focused on pleasurable experiences as a gateway into relaxation of the body, regulation of the nervous system, and a deepening of connection with Nature.
- A balance of group and personal time. The group or community aspect primarily consists of sharing circles that support the deepening and integration of the experience.
Date: Thursday September 22nd, 2022
Time: 2 pm – 5 pm
Price: $65 + HST
Location: 4235 17th Sideroad King City, ON L7B 1K4.
Special Note: Please consider staying after the Forest Therapy session for a potluck @ ClearBeing and the Fall Equinox Fire Circle (this is a complementary event but spots are limited so be sure to reserve here)
What to bring:
- Comfortable walking shoes or sandals. You’re also welcome to go barefoot.
- Layered comfortable clothing (Dress a little warmer than you might think is necessary. We’ll be walking very slowly so won’t be building heat internally. Plus it’s cooler in the forest.)
- Water bottle
- Snacks if you’d like
- Bag or backpack so you can be hands free
- Rain gear if there’s a possibility of rain